As this post goes live, Baby New Year 2019 should be toddling across the threshold in Greenwich, England, which means that it’s time to give some thought to goals for the year.
I try to set SMART goals–specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound. And I set them across an array of categories.
Those probably aren’t of interest to the average reader, so we’ll focus on my writing/marketing goals.
- Get The Demon’s in the Details up on Amazon by January 31. Preferably with a few reviews, so if anyone is interested in receiving a free electronic copy in exchange for an honest review, let me know in the comments.
- Get The Demon Wore Stilettos up on Amazon by September 1.
- Get a box set of the first three books up on Amazon by December 1.
- Get a first draft of The Demon Goes Hungry completed by December 31.
- Research keywords and come up with a minimum of 100 keywords that connect with my audience.
- Determine the most effective venue for ads:
- Promotional sites
- Grow newsletter mailing list to 200.
- I know of services that will help you gather new enlistees via giveaways, but I don’t really see a lot of value in having a list of people who only signed up to receive a free Amazon gift card. I’d prefer to grow my list organically. We’ll see how that works out.
- If you haven’t joined the list to receive my quarterly newsletter, which contains extra material that not everyone gets to see as well as the occasional giveaway, you can do that here.
That may not look like much, but it’s what I think I have a realistic shot at accomplishing.
What about you? What are your goals for the year?