Recipe for Belial, Hell’s Chief Operating Demon
(and hero of The Demon Always Wins ((Book 1, Touched by a Demon))
- 1 fallen angel with:
- The face of a seraph
- The body of an archangel
- The arrogance of a demon who never fails
- 1 wager—
- Satan’s second-in-command vs. God’s chosen champion
- 1 goal—
- Seduce her into abandoning her beliefs
- 1 prize—
- a single, human soul
- Strip away wings
- Scent with vanilla and summer rain
- Gift with a voice like the strum of a lute
- Marinate in the desperation of the eternally damned
- Combine with the one woman in the world who can redeem him
- Simmer for 300 steamy pages
Accompaniments: Best served with scented candles, a glass of Syrah and some good, dark chocolate.
Yield: One sizzling romance with a feel-good ending.
This post originally appeared on I Smell Sheep on September 9, 2018.
And now for a real recipe you can actually make and feed people:
1 (19.8 oz) package fudge brownie mix
1/4 cup praline or coffee flavored liqueur (optional)
1 (3.5 oz) package instant chocolate mousse mix (or just instant pudding)
8 (1.4 oz) toffee-flavored candy bars, crushed (Heath bars)
1 (12 oz)container Cool Whip, thawed
Garnish: chocolate curls
Prepare brownie mix and bake according to package directions in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Prick top of warm brownies at 1-inch intervals using a meat fork and brush with liqueur, if desired. Let cool and crumble.
Prepare mousse according to package directions, omit chilling.
Place half of crumbled brownies in bottom of a 3-quart trifle dish. Top with half of mousse, crushed candy bars, and whipped topping. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending with whipped topping. Garnish if desired. Chill 8 hours.