Nancy’s accountability thread yesterday reminded me (as it frequently does) that I’m committed to posting a progress report each month, too.
Goals for July:
- 1. Complete my revision of The Demon’s in the Details and send it off to my copy editor on August 1, as scheduled.
- Done. Exactly on schedule, as it happens.
- Get The Demon Always Wins loaded into Amazon for pre-orders before I head for the RWA® National conference, so that I can invite people to pre-order.
- Good news: The ebook is available on Amazon for pre-order. I ran into some issues in work I’d contracted out, though, so it didn’t happen until July 31st.
- More good news: As of this writing, I’ve sold 51 books! Woo-hoo!
- Get through the RWA® National Conference.
- The basket of apples and bookmarks pictured at the top of this blog is a recreation of the one I set up in the Goody Room at the conference. I gave away maybe fifty bookmarks and about three dozen apples over the course of four days.
- The honor of taking home the necklace (aka “winning the Golden Heart”) went to Kay Hudson for Jinn on the Rocks. On the plus side, I did meet a couple of agents at the GH reception and they requested submissions of my contemporary romance, Girl’s Best Friend, when it’s ready. So now I’m trying to figure out how to make that happen without losing momentum on my paranormal series.
- Work with Barclay Publicity on my release campaign for The Demon Always Wins.
- I’ve been working diligently to grow the following for my Facebook author page and to acquire more Twitter followers. Both of which I’ve made progress on–452 FB page likes and 536 Twitter followers. Neither of which is anywhere near what I need for effective marketing, but it’s an improvement.
- I’ve also been working with Barclay on identifying the optimal item to reward newsletter signups. More on that in a separate post.
Goals for August:
- Get the paperback version of The Demon Always Wins loaded into Amazon.
- Complete 80 pages in book 3, The Demon Wore Stilettos.
- Document all the stuff I’ve figured out working on getting The Demon Always Wins published so I don’t have to relearn it in December when I load The Demon’s in the Details.
- Revise Girl’s Best Friend and turn it over to a critique partner.
- DON’T volunteer to judge any more contests or take on any more tasks at my local chapter.
If you’re interested in pre-ordering The Demon Always Wins, you can do that here.
If you’d like to read some of the book before you decide, you can find the first three chapters here.