My overarching goal is to release three books next fall (September/October/November, and then a boxed set of the three in December), but there are numerous milestones along the way to let me know if I have a prayer of hitting that target.
I accomplished the following in October:
1) Spark Creative Partners completed my website.
Okay, so that sounds like I’m taking credit for their work, but I’m the one that kept testing the site and prodding them to fix/make changes until we got it the way I wanted it. I also chose the font and the starting point for most of the graphics.
It’s live now, if you want to take a look: www.jeanneestridge.com.
I really love what they came up with. I hope you do, too.
2) I booked my editor, Karen Dale Harris, for three more engagements:
- To do a second pass edit on Book One, The Demon Always Wins, starting in January
- To do a first pass edit on Book Two, The Demon’s in the Details, in March
- To do a first pass edit on Book Three, The Demon Wore Stilettos, in June
5) I nailed down the concept for the covers. (See above.) The books are about temptation and trial, and I think the apple and snake convey that perfectly.
6) I also managed to fit in an online Dialogue class offered by From the Heart Romance Writers, an online chapter I belong to, and taught by award-winning author Linnea Sinclair. Fun class, and I learned some new tricks.
Also, November lands us squarely in the holiday season, which means my time is going to be split between writing and buying gifts for my six kids and twelve grandkids.
Consequently, next month’s goal is limited to one thing: complete another 125 pages in The Demon’s in the Details.