It’s the first Monday of July, and you know what that means! It’s time to set up our July accountability thread.
The first Monday of each month, we’ll invite you to share your plans and goals for the upcoming month. As this is a writing blog, of course there will be lots of focus on creative and writing goals, but feel free to share other important life goals as well. Training for a 5k, learning to crochet, reading a book a day? Tell us about whatever it is you hope to achieve by July 31st, 2017.
Be sure to come back the first Monday in August to report your progress! And now, it’s time to ‘fess up about how it went in June. I had very mixed results.
June Goals with Outcomes
1) Submit Act I of Take the Money and Run to my writing coach, address her feedback, and prepare to write Act II (in July).
2) Finish the second ginormous revision of my Victorian Romance novella.
Not completed. But I’m working on it, I’m working on it!
3) Read two books per week, every week.
4) Sign up for ongoing Krav Maga classes to work toward my yellow belt.
Not completed. This one’s on hold because I’ve realized that with so many things going on in my personal life this summer (most of them revolving around my daughter’s upcoming September wedding), I really don’t have time to work on a new physical challenge. So, no success here, but no regrets, either.
1) Finish the second ginormous revision of my Victorian Romance novella and submit it to beta readers. Seriously. I’m going to do it this month. (Fingers crossed.)
2) Choose an editor, a proofreader, and a cover artist for the novella. These are important decisions, because I’d like to use the same team for the entire series.
3) Write the first draft of Act II of Take the Money and Run and submit it to my coach for comments.
4) Read one book a week, every week. I’m dialing this down from two, because I really need more writing time if I’m to have any hope of completing goals 1 and 3.
June was a mixed bag for me, but onward and upward! I’m going to be an optimist and expect better results in July.
So, how’s by you? How did you do with your June goals? What do you have planned for July?